Welcome to my appointment
About my Services
I treat both children and adult patients. Typical problems of my patients include disorders affecting the pharynx and throat, such as hoarseness presenting as problems with singing or speaking voice, lesions in the vocal cords, snoring, and difficulty swallowing.
I specialize in the endoscopic examinations of the hypopharynx and larynx, vocal cord surgery, and other surgical procedures of the pharynx and larynx.
- Licentiate in Medicine, 1993, University of Helsinki
- Ear, Nose and Throat Specialist, 2001, HUH
- Doctor of Medicine, 2004, University of Helsinki
- PhD, 2008, Universidad Autónoma de Madrid
- Adjunct Professor of Otorhinolaryngology, 2010
- Specialist and Clinical Teacher; HUH Ear, Nose and Throat Diseases; 2001–2018
- Visiting Researcher, Universidad Autónoma de Madrid, 2005–2007
- Published articles on vocal cord surgery, bacterial biofilms, and biomaterials.
- Board Member Finnish Society of Ear Surgery, 2003–2006
- Board Member Finnish Society of Otorhinolaryngology, 2009–2010
- Board Member Finnish Society of Laryngology, 2010-16, President 2013–2016
- Member of Scientific Committee, European Laryngological Society, 2015-